24.6.12

OMAR KHAYYAM


  • Location: Ruwi (near Ruwi R/A) / Madinat Qaboos (near Centerpoint) / Al Khoud (Gulf Crown Hotel)
  • Menu: Continental, Arabic, Indian and Chinese dishes
  • My personal rating: 5 out of 5

 Whenever me and my hubby are hungry and we wouldn't want to risk dining out and not being satisfied, we always come to OK (Omar Khayyam) as the food there has become our comfort food. Whenever we're there, our order is automatic - Chicken corn soup (divided into 2 bowls, since I can't finish 1 by myself), Nan or butter Nan bread, Mixed fried rice, and the popular Pancit malutong (Cripsy noodles), and a big bottle of water. And we'll always have leftovers to take home.

They also cater to parties and they have a function room in their MQ branch. I dont know if its the same with their other branches since I dont usually visit Ruwi & Al Khoud because both are far from our place.

There was a time when I really got frustrated. We went there on a Friday evening, the place was packed, so we immediately placed our orders. I think it took more than 30 mins for our foods to be brought to our table, and by that time I was really, really very hungry (that I could eat a whole cow), and so was the baby inside me. Being a woman, I would've wanted to storm out of the restaurant because of the long waiting time, but good that guys are more patient, haha. It took me a long time to go back there, but still, even if I had 1 bad experience, I would keep coming back to this place.



 
CRIPSY NOODLES (PANSIT MALUTONG)
It's automatic, they know what our nationality would like to order and this has been the popular and favorite. I usually request the sauce to be separate from the noodles so that whenever I intend to eat it, then it will still be crispy, and also good for taking home if there's any leftover.


MIXED FRIED RICE

With shrimps, chicken, scrambled egg


For more information on this restaurant and their menu, try checking their website.
http://www.omaralkhayyam.com/

2 comments:

  1. Highly recommended by this American Ex-Pat. We usually took take-out, but always found the food to be excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent food! Good service.

    ReplyDelete